EuroJackpot is the largest European lottery with a fairly rapid accumulation of the prize fund collected in 16 European countries. Despite the fact that EuroJackpot is considered to be a newcomer among the lotteries, it is one of the biggest lotteries in the world with the chance to win a huge jackpot.
How to Play EuroJackpot Online
- Go to one of online ticket purchasing services, TheLotter for example. Choose your five different lucky numbers from 1 to 50 and two additional numbers from 1 to 10.
- You may choose a QuickPick ticket instead of the regular EuroJackpot ticket. In this case, the computer will randomly choose numbers for you.
- You may fill out one ticket by hand and have another ticket as QuickPick to compare results just for a thrill.
- Each lottery ticket costs €4.5.
Minimum jackpot starts at €10,000,000 and rises until it is won.
Maximum jackpot may be up to 90 million euro. After the jackpot value reaches the maximum, all additional money is distributed between the next prize levels until someone wins the jackpot. The drawing of the popular EuroJackpot lottery is held once a week, on Friday evening at 21:00 local time in Helsinki, Finland.
All transactions for EuroJackpot lottery tickets are final and cannot be canceled or changed after the ticket purchased.
EuroJackpot Odds and Prize Table
|Match||Odds||Prize Fund Distribution||Prize|
|5 + 2||1 in 95,344,200||36.00%||Jackpot|
|5 + 1||1 in 5,959,013||8.50%||€98,000-916,000*|
|5 + 0||1 in 3,405,150||3.00%||€22,300-134,000*|
|4 + 2||1 in 423,752||1.00%||€1,730-5,540*|
|4 + 1||1 in 26,485||0.90%||€124-310*|
|4 + 0||1 in 15,134||0.70%||€38-150*|
|3 + 2||1 in 9,631||0.60%||€36-69*|
|2 + 2||1 in 672||3.10%||€11-18*|
|3 + 1||1 in 602||3.00%||€14-25*|
|3 + 0||1 in 344||4.30%||€10-17*|
|1 + 2||1 in 128||7.80%||€8-12*|
|2 + 1||1 in 42||19.1%||€6-9*|
* The estimated amount of the winnings is indicated. The final size of the prize is determined by the results of the drawing and depends on the number of sold and won tickets.
Taxes on Lottery Winnings
According to the state law, all winnings above €449 are subjects to prize tax of 29%.
Taxes are automatically withheld directly from the winnings while they are cashed out. Therefore, all winnings in the lottery over €449 will be credited to the prize account minus the above-mentioned prize tax — 29%.