SuperEnalotto is one of the most popular lotteries in Italy. The rules are as simple as in any other lottery in Europe. The jackpot rises and may become huge until it is won.
How to Play SuperEnalotto Online
It is wise to learn the rules before you start playing the Italian lottery SuperEnalotto. If you already are 18, feel free to purchase a ticket for the next drawing, because it is only for adults. A player should choose six lucky numbers from 1 to 90. Matched six numbers make up the combination for the jackpot. Jolly ball increases the prize payout for matched five numbers. The Jolly ball is count only for 5 correct numbers, in other cases, it does not matter, but it will increase your winnings greatly. So, you may guess 6 numbers or 5 numbers + Jolly, the prize will be equally great even though the Jolly ball is for the second-tier prizes.
There is also the SuperStar ball option. The SuperStar option is an extra game which multiplies your chances and winnings for non-jackpot prizes. You choose the SuperStar number from the pool of 90 while purchasing the ticket.
The jackpot size in each draw depends on the number of lottery tickets purchased. The size of other prizes in the Italian SuperEnalotto lottery depends on the prize fund size and the number of tickets purchased.
The SuperEnalotto lottery draw is held three times a week, on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, at 20:00 local time.
SuperEnalotto Odds and Prize Table
|6||1 in 622,614,630||Jackpot|
|5 + Jolly||1 in 103,769,105||€311,000*|
|5||1 in 1,250,230||€32,000*|
|4||1 in 11,907||€300*|
|3||1 in 327||€25*|
|2||1 in 22||€5*|
* The estimated amount of the winnings is indicated. The final size of the prize is determined by the results of the drawing and depends on the number of sold and won tickets.
Taxes on Lottery Winnings
In Italy, lottery winners need to pay a tax that varies depending on the amount of the prize:
- Winnings under €100 are not taxed;
- Winnings from €100.01 to €300 are taxed at the fixed sum of €1,03;
- Winnings from €300.01 to €500 are taxed at the fixed sum of €3.10;
- Winnings from €500.01 to €1000 are taxed at €3.10 plus 6% of the prize sum;
- Winnings over €1000.01 are taxed at €6.20 plus 6% of the prize sum.
Taxes are automatically withheld directly from the winnings while they are cashed out. Therefore, all winnings in the lottery will be credited to the prize account minus the above-mentioned prize tax.