EuroMillions is the most popular lottery in Europe because of the multi-million jackpots and high odds for prize-winnings. EuroMillions jackpots several times became the maximum in the history of world lotteries.
How to Play EuroMillions Online
- Go to one of online ticket purchasing services, TheLotter for example. Choose your five different lucky numbers from 1 to 50 and two Mega numbers from 1 to 12.
- You may choose a QuickPick ticket instead of the regular EuroMillions ticket. In this case, the computer will randomly choose numbers for you.
- You may fill out one ticket by hand and have another ticket as QuickPick to compare results just for a thrill.
- Each lottery ticket costs $5.
The jackpot value changes each draw and depends on the number of tickets purchased. The size of other prizes in EuroMillions depends both on the total draw prize fund and the number of winners. Lottery draw is held twice a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays at approximately 8pm (GMT), and is broadcasting on local television channels, such as "The One".
All transactions for EuroMillions lottery tickets are final and can EuroMillions not be canceled or changed after the ticket purchased.
EuroMillions Odds and Prize Table
|Match||Odds||Prize Fund Distribution||Prize|
|5 + 2||1 in 139,838,160||43.20% or 27%||Jackpot|
|5 + 1||1 in 6,991,908||3.95%||€303,798*|
|5 + 0||1 in 3,107,515||0.92%||€31,448*|
|4 + 2||1 in 621,503||0.45%||€3,076*|
|4 + 1||1 in 31,075||0.48%||€164*|
|4 + 0||1 in 13,811||0.38%||€58*|
|3 + 2||1 in 14,125||0.67%||€104*|
|2 + 2||1 in 985||1.75%||€19*|
|3 + 1||1 in 706||1.85%||€14*|
|3 + 0||1 in 314||3.50%||€12*|
|1 + 2||1 in 188||4.95%||€10*|
|2 + 1||1 in 49||14.85%||€8*|
|2 + 0||1 in 22||18.25%||€4*|
* The estimated amount of the winnings is indicated. The final size of the prize is determined by the results of the drawing and depends on the number of sold and won tickets.
Taxes on Lottery Winnings
The lottery tickets are purchased in Spain, so the winners have to pay a prize tax of 20% if the sum of the monetary prize exceeds €2,500. Winnings less than €2,500 are not taxed.
Taxes are automatically withheld directly from the winnings while they are cashed out. Therefore, all winnings in the lottery over €2,500 will be credited to the prize account minus the above-mentioned prize tax — 20%.